Monday 8 September 2014

Watching. Windows

A couple of years ago I swapped all my IOS and Windows tech for Android. I went full bore into the android world and loved it. Apart from one or two little things.

1. Keyboards: I mean a physical tap tap keyboard, I experimented with various docs and cases and even has an Asus Transformer for a while but the actual physical keyboard from a Windows machine was just something I couldn't cope without.

2. Mobile Browsing: I have a 10 inch tablet,I am at home so why must I only view a mobile version of this site? I am on a 10.1inch netbook now and this handles full sites and its only a GB of ram and a 1.66GHz atom processor.

3. Non expandable memory: Just stupid. Yes I know all about Cloud storage. And yes I know Apple don't do expandable either.

I could go on but I wont bore you with the full list. Android has come on leaps and bounds but I still feel that there is still something missing. One of the things I don't like for sure is product life, I am on a rather old netbook bought for £40.00 secondhand. This thing is 6 year old and runs like a charm, I have had android phones last less than 6 months.....

Truth be told I missed having a windows machine, Yes android can do everything that windows can do but I couldn't get it to work for me. Yes I can root and ROM my android devices and I have played around with android tv boxes as well as phablets but I just missed having Windows.

The revelation that I needed Windows back in my life is spreading and I'm thinking about Lumia 720 as next phone...I stream everything through my 360 as it is.....  However I think +New to neXus  might can me completely then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment