Sunday 31 August 2014

Ive been looking out for windows......

Over 3 years ago I sold my Windows powered netbook and took up Android full time. My Asus Transformer eventually gave up the ghost and there was a succession of devices which followed which just got smaller and smaller down to my present 5" Huawei phone. None of the android devices however had a full physical keyboard and despite many aftermarket attempts I was not comfortable typing for long periods of time so I just stopped writing......

But I was in town yesterday and a little Acer caught my eye in a secondhand shop. 'Untested' aspire one netbook. Power adapter but wont boot apparently. Needless to say I bought it, near mint condition and amazing for its age, after a little faffing (new copy of windows) it not only boots but works like a champ and now I'm using the correct wireless driver the WiFi even works!

I know a lot of people have a downer on places like cash converters and CEX as they tend to give crap all for goods and there is a risk that it could be nicked or they extort the price you pay in order to make more money but meh. Its bargain city if you know what to look for. You just need to be brave.

I picked up this little untested gem for £30.00 and with a little knowledge picked up over the years Ive made a working computer. Ok so its only a 120gb HDD and a 1GB of ram but for £30.00 I couldn't say no!

Needless to say now I've got a physical keyboard back in front of me look out for some new posts both here and at +New to neXus on the android side of things. If anyone wants I can do a "how to on re installing windows" if you like? Or drop us a comment with a suggestion and please like and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment