Friday 5 April 2013

Tor to the Rescue



A few weeks ago it was announced that certain ISP’s here in the good old UK were going to block certain file sharing sites, like they did with probably one of the most famous, pirate bay. I was shocked to see that one of my favorite torrent sites Kickass was going to be closed to me by my ISP. Today it happened, I tried to enter the site and bang, locked out.






This forced me to think of a way round or alternative, straight away I remembered a clever little program i’ve used in the past called Tor. Some of you may have heard of it before but for those who haven’t it is a secure browser that lets you browse the internet anonymously, basically  hiding you from your ISP. Its far too complicated to go into, but you can click HERE to find out more about Tor.
This program is great for occasions such as these so i tried it and it worked, allowing me to access the site again.
So for those who are interested it is very simple to install.
  1. Head over to the Tor Website HERE
  2. Download the program and install
  3. Find the folder where the program installed and run the Tor browser
  4. Thats it your done, go to the site and see if it works



Head over to thekugelblitz.com to read more from +Chris Monks 


No comments:

Post a Comment